• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Airsoft Guns.

Treebranch

Well, I'm sorry, I don't know anything about guns at all. Yes you're right, the report is about air guns rather than airsoft guns. I just thought that it might be interesting as a curiosity for some which is why I mentioned it.

I have seen several news reports and documentaries which showed places in Manchester where air gun conversions take place and I have no reason to disbelieve the news reports.

The manufacturer referred to by the houses of parliament is:

http://www.brocock.co.uk/

And you can see that some of the guns look like they could perhaps chamber a live round due to their firing system, or simply explode as I mentioned earlier...

Mind you, a question was once asked in the houses of parliament about a made-up drug called cake. If you have never seen Brass Eye (by Chris Morris) I would recommend it unflinchingly as comic genius in the genre of spoof documentary.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Some kids were busted by local police where I live this past week with airsoft guns. They were playing around in a mall parking lot and someone reported a handgun being brandished, so the cops arrived and treated it like as if it was a real handgun. They are legal here, but you can't play around with them like a toy in public.

It's happy hour somewhere in the world.

It's the same in the UK.

A similar thing happened to a bunch of LARPA's (Live Action Role Players) near where I live. They were wandering round the woods pretending to be futuristic crime fighters or some other cybergoth related nonsense and a Police armed response unit was sent over (armed with HK MP5's) to disarm them of their airsoft weapons. Needless to say, the Police were not impressed.

One of them was my girlfriends ex - in his mid-twenties I tell you...

• 3 weeks later...

I'd suggest going into a retailer and getting a feel for the gun, perhaps firing it to see what it's like - most retailers should let you do it on a blank. The variety out there is phenomenal, so look at what you're holding, feel it, have a jolly good inspection of it, and look at how readily available ammunition is. Look closely at a range of things, and keep practicality in mind. There's several guns out there on the market that come with cases, hard cases that is, so there are some deals floating around too.

I know abit about guns and various things, so if you need help, let me know and I shall try. Names, brands, specs, prices in the UK etc. Feel free to ask. :)

As for bb's, aslong as you aren't in too close-a proximity, it is a fantastic and innovtive way of training. I would recommend, as you are dealing with a gun still, that you purchase it from a retailer and shop around. Get something that you would be comfortable handling, and practising with.

Ultimately, shops can do you better deals than the internet if you look around, visit the shop reguarly, and build up a relationship with the owner. I know, as I'm speaking from experience from the fishing and shooting trade industry.

I hope that helps.

Jey

• 4 weeks later...

Nice to meet some people that like to airsoft as well. I have beening doing this stuff for 5 years now and it never gets old. Me and my team have gone through several tactics and traning courses. As of now, I own a TM SR16, TM M4A1 RIS Classic Army M15A4 carbine, Classic Army M24 SOCOM, TM Tactical master, Western Arms Para Ordanance, and an Airsoft Elite MP5 SD6. I know that milsim games aren't exactly the best type of way to spend your past time but it really does help sharpen your senses and survival skills. You start to appreciate what the soldiers across the world are doing for us as we speak.

If you got any questions or anything about the activity I'll be happy to answer them...

"Defeat is not defeat unless it is accepted as reality in your own mind"