• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

whats up with that

shotokanwarrior

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Really? I've never seen these pictures. People just don't understand karate, there are so many McDojo's giving it a bad name. It is the Martial Art they love to hate (next to BJJ, of course :wink:)

It's important to note that most street fights end up on the ground because most people do not train to fight or defend themselves. If a person is a trainned karateka (not a point fighter) in the street the fight stays standing in most cases.

BJJ is awsome don't sleep on it, but don't throw the baby out with the bath water when it comes to karate...

Oh no i know how efective bjj is, i have done it for a bit. a skilled grappler might take me down on the streets but then i do study how to defend against them. I agree about being trained well in karate that it will not go to the ground if it ends quick...but it erks me how people think karate is done ( not point sparring ).

Where Art ends, nature begins.

I bet that karate guy beat the hell out of the boxing stance upright trash hehehe..

I am still training however, having dabbled in Shotokan and Shotokai Karate. I am please to report that Kenshukai is one of the strongest and most disciplined styles ( i did not write this)

Just the way it is. Same reason we think rock music is evil, blondes are dumb, and people with glasses are nerds. Maybe their is some truth to it but not enough for it to be a fact. Dont lose any sleep over it. OK...

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."