• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Belt Display

Goju1

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Well, I was only wore a white belt for about an hour, because I bought my first new gi from my sensei at the begining of the class where I was testing for my yellow belt.

I found the perfect solution to past colored belts that you don't need any more. Just loan them to fellow students that just tested and don't have that new belt yet. I've NEVER gotten one back from them yet!

OK, as for displaying them. I see no problem displaying them on the dojo wall for students to look at and understand the progression of colors. I have my origional Shodan black belt (rather tacky and worn out) from 1978 on the wall wrapped arpund the fame that contains my certificate signed by the head of the system. I worked damn hard for that belt and take GREAT pride in the fact that the head of the system (Sensei Yuichi Kuda) was the man that tested me for it.

I have no trophies for tournament participation, nor pictures of Bruce Lee or "numchuck" kata posters on the walls, but there are some class pictures displayed and my kobudo weapons and bogu (full contact fighting)gear.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

Jussie u like me am bad at spelling than you millon times.

Even am a forienrer..hehhe

I am still training however, having dabbled in Shotokan and Shotokai Karate. I am please to report that Kenshukai is one of the strongest and most disciplined styles ( i did not write this)

I have my belts nailed on my wall. I was going to wait until I reached BB to get a display but I kinda like the way I have them now

Check it

http://www.lakita.net/db/pictures/karatewall.jpg

Its changed slightly since that pic --- I've added my brown belt to the wall and took down the scotch taped underbelt certs (it looked tacky anyway) --- I am going to put my framed Okinawan BB Certification above my brown belt.

Kita

KarateForums.com Sempai

my friend has the certificates on a wall next to a table and the belt underneath the certificate on the table

Shito Ryu (3rd kyu) RETIRED - 2002-2003

Now studying BJJ(2006)