• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we can spar brown etc.

But when we go grading we only fight with are level or a bit higher.

I am still training however, having dabbled in Shotokan and Shotokai Karate. I am please to report that Kenshukai is one of the strongest and most disciplined styles ( i did not write this)

It was a little kid, who had got the brown belt during the weekened.

My trainer told him to spar against everyone (1 to 1)in the dojo an score at least one point on everyone. He did, and his moves was really amazing. When it was my turn he kicked me to the head, with good control, of course.

It was the highest belt I have ever sparred with. Can´t wait til I learn all the advanced techs he knew.

lol in my dojo we can ONLY sparragainst brown/black belts...it dosnt really help as they take you down in 2 secs but meh

Shito Ryu (3rd kyu) RETIRED - 2002-2003

Now studying BJJ(2006)

In Sweden, I sparred two times with my Sensei. (He has 5th dan)

I was only 12 years old. And I remember what feeling I had: no fear.

I just dont know why, I never were afraid of sparring with bigger, stronger, scary karatekas, lol.

But now, I live in Estonia, I'm 15, and I'm more afraid of that. I don't know why. I've lost something when I left Sweden, I guess... I lost the spirit. Some Sensei's though, say I still have it, and I have to let it out. But it doesn't come out. I'm competeing with katas now. But when I look at karatekas who are doing karate, I kinda feel how I miss to be instead of them, fighting with all of my heart.

Kill is love

That´s sad. :bawling:

Maybe you felt comfortable with your old sensei cuz you knew him well and trusted him. Maybe you just need time.

Shukokai Karate, Orange belt ( 7. kyu)

I´m fifteen and he is twelve. OK, I know it isn´t much, but I´m like 60 lbs heavier than him.

And he landed a spinning kick to your head? Fighting higher belts isn't a big deal, it helps with your sparring, because they help you learn. I remember when i was intimidated by brown and blackbelts. lol. Then i realized that half of them suck. hahaha, it also helps that im a 2nd degree brown belt now and can pretty much beat anyone i spar against