Darce

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can´t wait til I learn all the advanced techs he knew.
IMHO, drilling your basics until they become as second nature as walking is worth more than all the "advanced techniques" in the world!

Right on!!! Forget advanced techniques, gimme someone thats done the basics about 100,000 times and watch out!! :brow:

I used to go to this dojo where when you sparred with the Sensei, he would laugh out loud at you. I asked him once why he was laughing, and he said because he was having so much fun. It was unnerving.

The patch or crest worn by Isshinryu karateka often raises admiration and curiosity. The patch is based on a day dream Tatsuo Shimabuku had in the fifties while he was creating his karate style. This dream was the missing piece in the puzzle called Isshinryu. The patch is often incorrectly called Mizu Gami, which means 'water goddess'. Originally the Isshinryu emblem was called 'Isshinryu No Megami', which means 'Goddess of Isshinryu'. The goddess is the Goddess of Isshinryu karate and not the goddess of water.

I used to go to this dojo where when you sparred with the Sensei, he would laugh out loud at you. I asked him once why he was laughing, and he said because he was having so much fun. It was unnerving.

:o You mean everyone don't laugh ????

Have you ever heard the expression..."Pain is Joy"!!!!!!!!! :brow: :brow:

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

12 year old brown belt? What?

...heck, I'm about to found a club and I'm thinking whether I put the age limit to 16 or 18...

OK, so some do it differently. Carry on...

Jussi Häkkinen

Okinawan Shorin-Ryu Seibukan Karate-Do (Kyan Chotoku lineage)

Turku

Finland

I dunno 'bout the young brown belt thing. All political correctness aside, a two or three year old can't possibly be expected to understand what he's being taught in karate. I find that even the vast majority of five to ten year olds don't understand what they're doing. They just come because they're parents need a babysitter for an hour a few nights a week. Of course there's always that one kid who seems to get it, but it's the exception, not the rule.

Yeah, we can spar with anyone we want to, but I´m just a yellow belt, and I don´t know the higher belts very well. So I just spar with other yellow belts. Maybe that´s bad...
Shukokai Karate, Orange belt ( 7. kyu)