• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

very true.

maybe i'm just too hardened a cynic.

but then that's the industry's fault...

just how much of a message can it be if the film HAS to make money?

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Treebranch, even if that were true Kill Bill would definitly fall into the more deep set catagory, and i dont understand everyones fear of being intellectual, trust me it wont kill you! if that were true, let Freaky Friday and Meet the Parents be fun films and keep Kill Bill sacred! i must sound fraky but that film meant a lot to me.

"i could dance like that!.......if i felt like it...." -Master Betty

i see where you're coming from fireka, but i personally think you're seeing things that aren't there. though i got to thinking at work today, who would win in a fight between uma thurman :pony: and keanu reeves 8) ? hmmm... :-? :lol:

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

I saw kill Bill today, I have seen most of his movies, and I did not think this one was that great. It had some moments though.

As far as deeper meaning.....I dont think he is that kind of director.

On the other hand, The Matrix has many layers to it. The main one being how do you know what is real, and can you prove it. This has been a subject in philoshpy classes for ages.

"The more we change, the more we stay the same"

well that's my point.

the "layers" in the matrix are there to serve the cool factor of the film. it serves to feed the target audience. it is a tool and not the real intent of the creators.

the film wasn't designed to serve the message.

if a film is truely trying to deliver a message, it would dispense with excess and concerntrate with the message.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

Fireka that's great that it connected with you. It connected with me in some ways, but I've seen to many great films to know that it's wasn't one of them. It wasn't trying to be more than it was. It's more than most film made recently, I give you that. I'm dissing it, I loved it. Best film? Great film? I don't know. I think Lone Wolf and Cub and Zatoichi are much better than Kill Bill. Don't get me wrong I'd see it again and it's definitely making it into my must have DVD's.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"