• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

though it was certainly a good movie, i think you may be rating it just a wee bit too high, especially on the original score part, which i actually found to be quite lacking. no danny elfman, to say the least. however, my buddies and i keep writing "BILL" in, say, the dust on his car windows or on papers at school ominously and with reverence, so at least it was influential :lol:

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this coming from the man who said Never say Never again was the worst James Bond movie ever made. I love movies and im pretty picking. it tok plenty of meditation on the idea, but after seeing it twice and considering carefully i finnaly decided that Kill Bill was deffinitly my favorite movie, and therefore, in my opinion, the best movie ever made.

"i could dance like that!.......if i felt like it...." -Master Betty

but never say never again WAS the worst james bond movie ever made! :lol: though, in all fairness, i'm about ready to concede that perhaps license to kill was a tad bit worse. i keep falling asleep during that one, i can never make it in a full sitting! :sleep: 'sides, i don't think it takes much to knock "kung pow:enter the fist" off of the favorite movie slot :wink: i personally think that to become a favorite movie of mine, i have to learn something, particularly about myself. everything else is just super entertaining. or awful. or something in between. i didn't really get anything out of kill bill, except a good time. but i think movies are to powerful to just settle for that. and, i must say, as i think about it, it greatly annoys me that she managed to mercilessly slaughter all of these people without consequence. you'd think SOMEBODY would have called the police, particularly cottenmouths daughter or the people at oren ishii's club. especially since she was driving the single most flamboyant truck that's ever had it's wheels on this earth. atleast a siren off in the distance. it really would lose a lot of the fun if it did, but geez, come one! and the nick name "california mountain snake" is just far to cumbersom. especially with the basic deadly snakes like "cobra" or "viper" or "python" still haven't been used. and the fact that she managed to get so much strength back within 13 hours after being in a coma for 4 years. but now i'm just ranting. it was a very good and enjoyable movie, i just think it has a ways to go before it's the greatest of all time.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

you totally missed the point. if you were looking for realism you should have bought a ticket for second hand lions. The idea was not to create a realistic feel or to have consequences to death, it was sensory over load. and Kung Pow: Enter the Fist, while i may have slipped that itwas my favorite, NEVER recieved the best over all film award in my book, only best comedy. Best film before Kill Bill was One Flew Over the Ku-Ku's nest with Jack Nicholson.

Kill Bill did teach me something about myself, and i think if you looked closely youd see how brutely it does target everyones most baisc primal insticts, sex and survival. Thats why i loved it, it was human characters acting truely like animals.

erm, guys. just what did you expect from the film? it doesn't pretend to be anything more than entertainment.

it was meant to be fun.

no crouching metaphors or hidden meanings.

no pretentious psuedo philosophy.

there is only the one question:

did you enjoy the film?

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

"erm, guys. just what did you expect from the film? it doesn't pretend to be anything more than entertainment.

it was meant to be fun"

precisely, and that's why it will never be my favorite movie. it was very enjoyable; brilliant for what it was, but that dosen't make it a brilliant movie. and i understand that it's not supposed to be realistic, it's because it's not realistic that it just can't be the greatest movie ever made. there are to many movies out there that are intellectually stimulating for me to settle for uma thurman hacking a bunch of people to death (which was very cool, by the way). it's not that i missed the point, i just don't feel it was the best movie to come out this ye... actually, now that i think of it, i don't remember any movies off the top of my head that i liked more... hmmm... definitely not best score, though. the costumes were done well though :) and the direction was very good, too. that segment in anime was a nice touch 8)

I have to be completely honest here ben, your kinda disappointing me, because i always thought of you as a solid film fan. No movie is just entertainment. I have competed in sundance and i can tell you, even if the general population sees it as dry entertainment, if there is no message there for you to belive in you will not have the heart and endurance to complete the film. Thats why i like looking for the inner message behind films, most people see as being congenial, such as Kill Bill i suppose, but better examples of filmsiv'e done that with are James Bond, Indiana Jones, Die Hard. movies that are, at the skin level, apparently meant just to entertain, there is a purpose behind all of that there creators really belived in or else they never would have gotten done.

well, for me, and i believe for mr. tarantino as i've read, the heart of the movie was to create an homage to various martial arts movies. i love martial arts movies. they probably take up about 70% of my film collection :D a lot of the fun in this movie for me was picking out little "tributes" to other movies, ie: bruce lee's track suit, the kato masks, the flying gulliotine, the run run shaw production logo, the little stinger that kept coming up, etc. i'm not saying the film had no heart, it's just not the heart i'm looking for. and, btw, it is ok to just sit down and enjoy a movie once and awhile:wink: :P

and you participated at sundance? that's awsome! :)

oh yeah, and keep in mind we still haven't seen the entire movie, it was cut in half. so niether of us have accurate statements until that one comes out, and, to be honest with you, i think i'm a little more excited for kill bill 2 than matrix revolutions... perhaps you're right, perhaps it does deserve movie of the year... hopefully they'll throw in a little something from the original drunken master, that's the best kung fu movie ever :D

but why can't it be pure entertainment?

the matrix tries to be more than just a cool film with it's fake philosophy and it's turning into a parody of itself already.

and c'mon, was there really a deep meaning the james bond films? to die hard? to good ol' doctor jones?

their meaning was to entertain.

anything else YOU (the viewer) probably attached yourself.

i go back to the matrix as a prime example. it is almost a religion now with too many people discussing the supposed messages of the film.

yes the film uses lots of religious and philosophical references but why discuss the references from the film when you could be discussing the actual sources instead?

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."