• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/article.php?article=404

i just heard about this last night; i'm not actually sure what to think. i'm not a big tarantino fan, myself. any thoughts?

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was a joke when I first heard about it. There is absolutely no way I will pay to see that movie. I doubt I'd watch it even if it came on TV. I mean, c'mon...Uma Thurman in an action role?? Gimme a break.

Heyyyy...some Kit-Kats may actually be pretty nice right about now.

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

I bet it will be pretty good.

It will be an allusion to many of the classic martial arts films of the 1970's. Bruce lees jump suit, there's a fight in the preview that's taken from an old Chuck Norris movie, The old asian master.

If liked 70's martial arts films, I think you will enjoy this.

And ever since the matirx, it doesn't matter who the actor is. They make them look like they can fight. Guess that's one more job a martial artist can't bank on...kung fu action hero :(

yeah, i'm thinking it can't be THAT bad. monkey girl, didn't you reccomend we all watch some show on WB about a kung fu teacher helping high school students find the light or some thing or other? the black sash or something to that effect? i don't see how you can watch that on tv and not this :lol: a kit kat does sound pretty good though...

on account of the fact that i haven't payed for a movie since most of my friends started working at the local theater, i'll check it out and let y'all know how it is. i'm betting it wont be very good, but it can't be as bad as some of the other movies out right now. i give it a 3 out of 10 already for having bruce lee's jump suit :P :lol:

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

monkey girl, didn't you reccomend we all watch some show on WB about a kung fu teacher helping high school students find the light or some thing or other? the black sash or something to that effect? i don't see how you can watch that on tv and not this :lol:

:lol: true....

But in my defense, I hadn't actually seen any previews for it...just read about it. I had no clue how corny it was going to be :(

My family as a whole hates Tarentino films, so we're boycotting this one as well.

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

Kill Bill is also rumored to have Sonny Chiba to appear in it. Heh, even if there weren't any other reasons, I'd go to see the movie for Chiba nostalgy.

However, it's an MA-parody action flick and I simply need to see it. Made by whomever. I also wait to see The Last Samurai.

Jussi Häkkinen

Okinawan Shorin-Ryu Seibukan Karate-Do (Kyan Chotoku lineage)

Turku

Finland