• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Cane swords?

Immolation

Well, of course you'd know that a grenade was dangerous, but in that instance you'd want to keep it concealed until necessary. Claiming it wasn't dangerous is only good until you brandish it as a weapon, but it was suggested for the cane sword because you can't really conceal a cane easily.

Paladin - A holy beat down in the name of God!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, i personally don't advise anyone to walk with any weapons, but then again i live in a fairly small town where most fights that break out are with fists and people aren't attacked nearly as often as they're challenged. don't get me wrong, attacks do happen, but rarely would one need a knife or a gun to get the upper hand. a simple knee to the groin will always do :wink:

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

Carry a small lock blade in your back pocket it comes in handy for more than just protecting yourself with it.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

Well, of course you'd know that a grenade was dangerous, but in that instance you'd want to keep it concealed until necessary. Claiming it wasn't dangerous is only good until you brandish it as a weapon, but it was suggested for the cane sword because you can't really conceal a cane easily.

I get the impression you don't have too much trouble scarring people. :o

Keep an open mind

Well, first you'd have to encounter a cop, he'd have to be smart, he'd have to see you, have suspicion that your cane has a sword on the inside and then try to take it away. Its very unlikely.

If there is not probable cause or anything like that, is he allowed to take the cane to search it?

Well, that depends on where you are at the time, but I'll assume it's in the US and say: normally, no, unless the officer believes you may be a terrorist (they don't require any real grounds for that either) at which point all your freedoms pretty much go out the window.

Paladin - A holy beat down in the name of God!

Well, first you'd have to encounter a cop, he'd have to be smart, he'd have to see you, have suspicion that your cane has a sword on the inside and then try to take it away. Its very unlikely.

If there is not probable cause or anything like that, is he allowed to take the cane to search it?

An able-bodied person carrying a cane is always going to look somewhat suspicious.

Keep an open mind

trust me, if a cop wants probable cause, they'll get probable cause.

lets set a hypothetical situation: you're walking along the street with your trusty sword cane. a cops ees you from across the street and thinks "hmm, thats a mighty fine cane. i think ive seen it before...... hmm..... oh thats right! i saw it in this months AtlantA cutlery catalogue (or something like that). hmm, thats an illegal weapon to carry around, but im not possotive if it is infact the cane ive seen before"

the cop walks over and asks to search you. now, they can use any number of "probable causes" that WILL hold up in court.

these are some actual (not verbatim, my memory's not that good) probable causes that where used in court.

"The defendant had a slight bulge in his right pant leg"

no weapon was found in the defendants right leg, but a 2 kilo bag of cocaine was found in lining of his jacket.

"the defendant was clearley acting suspicious by wearing an overly large parka [in late fall]"

said defendant was accused of shop lifting, but instead of stolen goods, the police found documents detailing a bank robbery the defendant was allegedly planning

"The defendant was stumbling on and off the side walk in a very drunken manner"

said defendant was not infact drunk, but was nailed for possestion of a conceiled fire arm

i got these in a book of court humour my grandfather has (he's a lawyer) but as you can see, if a cop feels he needs to search you, the court will almost definetly believe him over you

If in your journey you encounter God, God will be cut

~Hatori Hanso (sonny chiba)