• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Cane swords?

Immolation

Does anybody know the legality of carrying these around in public places? I'm sure its counted as a concealed weapon, but are officers allowed to come over and ask if they can see your cane?

Another thing, are there really nice cane swords? Like instead of just hitting a button or twisting it, there is a combination or a pattern to allow the sword to come out? Thanks.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it varies from state to state. in WI, they're illegal, i believe, but police can't search without probable cause. that dosen't mean they wont try, though, so you have to know your rights. you can do plenty of damage with a standard cane, though :karate:

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

If they are illegal where you live, you could just say it's a titanium reinforced cane. :P Seriously though, if they do search it and activate the blade, you can act all pissed off like they just broke it. If they ask where you got it, claim you bought it at a pawn shop. There's no proof you knew that there was a sword inside!

Paladin - A holy beat down in the name of God!

I'm almost positive that their illegal to carry. No matter how you think about it, it's still carrying a sword around. I've never seen one that would actually pass as a regular cane either.

And yes their are nice ones. https://www.budkww.com has a few that you can look at. Try some google searches.

And if you follow Warp Spiders advice make sure he's the one that posts your bail :P

Well, assuming you had one that looked like a regular cane, there's not much the police can do.* Generally, in the western world (which is where I assume you are from) all they can do is confiscate it from you, unless they can prove that you knew it was illegal, which is awfully difficult to actually prove.

* varies by country

Why would you want to carry it? Do you have a bad leg? Do you live in an environment where your need to carry a sword? I think you're hoping for trouble so you have an excuse to use it. I'd think carrying a small lock blade in your pocket is good enough. Now learning how to use a cane sword is something I encourage you to do, but carrying it around is only going to bring you trouble.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

Around here, its not exactly in a bad area, but I have been in some close-situations where I wish I had something, just to scare off any attackers. The ones I've seen don't look too different from regular canes, just a little fancier.

In the process of scaring someone away you may be attacked and be forced to use it. Don't carry one for your own sake.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

If it is for self-defense, you can get rifles and shotguns built into canes, which might work better. You can also get slightly-larger-than-usual pens or crosses (the religous kind, not the bun) that fire pistol rounds. If you want to be all inconspicuous about it.

If you just want to frighten a person who confronts you, however, grenades are great. Pull the pin (make sure you hold down the lever!) and noone will dare come close! The grenade's fuse is not ignited until the lever is released (the pin just holds the lever down) so after you've scared them away you can put the pin back and the grenade won't go off.

One final note: Do not throw a grenade when there are dogs around. They will fetch it and bring it back to you! It sounds dumb, but it's happened.

ummm... at the risk of sounding impolite or disrespectful, i would advise you to ignore any of the advice he just gave you. you can't tell a policeman that you weren't aware that a grenade was dangerous :P not to mention the sheer lunacy of it... no offense, warp spider, you've shown yourself to be a very intelligent person, i just don't agree with your choice of carrying fire arms and explosives around with you.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai