• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

FBI List for Teachers to monitor Kids

TKD_McGee

Is everyone here seriously afraid to go to the FBI's website??

Anyway, after reading this post I checked it out and found the following document which contains a list similar to the one posted here (might be the same, I didn't check it word for word). HOWEVER, the list is prefaced by several qualifications and cautions about how the list is meant to be used, it is definitely not meant for teachers to scrutinize every kid against. Here's a highlight:

It should be strongly emphasized that this list is not intended as a checklist to predict future violent behavior by a student who has not acted violently or threatened violence. Rather, the list should be considered only after a student has made some type of threat and an assessment has been developed using the four-pronged model. If the assessment shows evidence of these characteristics, behaviors and consistent problems in all four areas or prongs, it can indicate that the student may be fantasizing about acting on the threat, has the motivation to carry out the violent act, or has actually taken steps to carry out a threat.

And here's a link to the whole document:

http://www.fbi.gov/publications/school/school2.pdf

The FBI actually has a pretty nice and interesting site. There's even a fun section for kids--get 'em brainwashed early, I say! :brow:

• 1 month later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I'm a killer, *sniff sniff* I didn't even know it but.... :grin: You guys seem kinda paranoid, even if they do listen oh well. Just don't do anything illegal and you'll be just fine. And also, do you honestly think they listen to EVERY SINGLE converstion? I doubt it....

You're only young once; you can be immature forever.