• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Just taught my first Kickboxing Class

At the school where I teach - it went pretty well. I had eight pupils turn up, which is apparently pretty good for a new club. I wrote a "lesson plan" with all the exercises, drills, stretches etc I was going to use, and had to refer to that a few times as I was going along. Everyone seemed to enjoy it.

One of the pupils was actually a 2nd Dan Black Belt in Karate, which was kinda weird - especially as I had to correct him slightly on his kicking (I'm brown-belt standard in kickboxing...)

I guess I'll know how well it really went when I see how many people I get next week!!!

Currently: Kickboxing and variants.

Previously: Karate (Seido, Shotokan, Seidokan), Ju Jitsu, Judo, Aikido, Fencing.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I didnt know that kickboxing had grades.
That's why I described myself as "Brown Belt Standard" instead of "a Brown Belt"...

... however, although the kickboxing I've done did not have grades, a quick web search will find you plenty of american kickboxing schools that do use belt grades. I've never seen any Muay Thai practitioners with a belt though.

Currently: Kickboxing and variants.

Previously: Karate (Seido, Shotokan, Seidokan), Ju Jitsu, Judo, Aikido, Fencing.