• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I haven’t put on the gloves in 3 years. I had to stop because my neck was injured pretty badly. Now, I’m considering joining my Colleges new Boxing College. I visit a Chiropractor and massage therapist, which helped. On top of my neck being a worry, I also have Jujitsu classes twice a week, which are rather intense, and I lift weights, which, due to Jujitus and college, I had to cut from 5 days a week to 2 days a week.

I was wondering what you guys think, and tips for my neck (other then not getting hit in the head) and other advice on balancing my work outs. Should I restart boxing at all? Maybe thoughts would be helpful. I just wanted to bounce this off you guys, see what you think.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
The main problems come from my neck becoming messed up by blows to the head. For some strange reason, it was only blows to the head that hurt my neck. Headlocks and things of that nature don't do a thing to me in the long run. But for some reason, those blows to the head just kill my neck! I want to the Chiroctor after months of not going the other day, and I didn't hardly need to get adjusted at all! I didn't need a cracking, even with Jujitsu. But when I boxed, if I wasn't stiff as a board, I would crack like a machine gun! Anyone who says Boxing isn't a devastating art need to consider trying it first! :D

Sano- Yeah, maybe your neck is stronger. Or maybe your in a ligth weight class. I was a welterweight that had to spar with heavier guys, even a few heavy weights, because there are not to many guys in my weigth class. Maybe that was part of the problem. All I know is mixing up weight classes can really help you when you are facing someone in your class. They are either faster or stronger then the guys you will be facing. It is great!

lol. So bat, how much boxing have you done! :wink: :D

yeah i am in the light weight class and the same thing happen to me where i had to fight people who where 10 to 20 pounds bigger than me. but i do not go blow for blow like you heavy guys do. so i move around more.

falcon kick!!!

...t i do not go blow for blow like you heavy guys do....

wait, are you calling a welterweight heavy? lol, how small are you!? :D :lol:

But yeah, heavy weights hits are painful on lighterweights.

no actually i'm a welterweight or jr welterweight. i'm sorry i was thinking of the tournaments i compete in where a welterweight is really a middle weight. i just got confused thats all.

falcon kick!!!