• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

has this happened to you?

I offer my students the opportunity to buy from me if they choose, but would never force them to do so. If they can get a better deal, they should. I have a wholesale account, which usually runs about half of regular list price, but that isn't the be all and end all of what I charge, as i also have to pay bith taxes and shipping, and I'm running a business...so yes, i make a certain margin of profit when my students buy from me. they do it because it's convenient for them, not be cause I force them to.

many of them want to get the 'fancy' stuff they see in a catalog. example- any want to get colored or burned staffs, etc...even when i ell parents that they'd do better for a kid to just go to Home depot or Lowe's and get a dowl rod, or even use a brrom handle to start...but they want the stuff from the catalog anyway...go figure.

I don't feel an instructor should ever force students to buy equipment from them - i do have certain requirements for the type of equipment they can use/wear, but as long as it fits in the guidelines (mostly for safety, and/or Association standards), I don't care where they get it.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt