• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kata Video

Sho-ju

I was looking into ordering kata on video, could anyone suggest a tape or series that conveys the kata in an easily to learn method? It doesn’t matter what style I’m only interested in them for personal use and study and feel that one cannot learn a kata ‘well’ without a sensei. Due to injuries (blown ankles) I need to start looking at other kata for training, kata without the deep kiba dachi as found in shotokan. Someone suggested I learn Saifa…

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Thanks for the tip about SSMA, but I have talk to, seen him in action and know some of his black belts. I live about an hour away from his club. It's not really what I'm looking for, but thanks again.

I have Master Advincula's tapes. Although you can't really learn the katas by watching, he has amazing ability, style, and power. There are a few free downloadable clips on his site https://www.isshin1.com

The man is amazing.

The patch or crest worn by Isshinryu karateka often raises admiration and curiosity. The patch is based on a day dream Tatsuo Shimabuku had in the fifties while he was creating his karate style. This dream was the missing piece in the puzzle called Isshinryu. The patch is often incorrectly called Mizu Gami, which means 'water goddess'. Originally the Isshinryu emblem was called 'Isshinryu No Megami', which means 'Goddess of Isshinryu'. The goddess is the Goddess of Isshinryu karate and not the goddess of water.