• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hey everybody!

TicN9neZ8

My name is Brian, I am 18 and am currently in TKD, they are HTF, for those who don't know what that means they are in the Hwa-Rang Taekwondo Federation. I just started into Martial Arts about a month ago, my graduation is on Oct. 10th and I already have 4 more classes then I need to graduate and know Chon-Ji, so I'm sure after the 10th I will be a higher rank. I am in a leadership program though where you get a grey belt and you keep that one until you are a black belt. I think the reason for it is because the program I am in is one where they bring you up to be an instructor and they probably want to be sure you get respect from your students regardless of rank.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Welcome! Interesting concept with the grey belt. Haven't heard of that before. How is one chosen for such a thing?

"If your hand goes forth withhold your temper"

"If your temper goes forth withold your hand"

-Gichin Funakoshi

Welcome! Interesting concept with the grey belt. Haven't heard of that before. How is one chosen for such a thing?

I think it is the instructors decision whether or not you could be in that program. They started me off with two weeks of basic training then after that they said I have potential to be one of their best students and gave me the choice of Leadership or Master's Club. Master's Club is pretty much the same as Leadership except you get different belt colors and aren't trained to be an instructor.

Welcome TicN9neZ8. I'm a newbie myself and will be giving my introduction on this board shortly. :karate:

They started me off with two weeks of basic training then after that they said I have potential to be one of their best students and gave me the choice of Leadership or Master's Club. Master's Club is pretty much the same as Leadership except you get different belt colors and aren't trained to be an instructor.

Just a comment about this, since you're new to the arts. Many programs like you are describing will tell you taht you have the potential to be GREAT in their art. After just two weeks of watching you, they can't know taht yet. Realistically, just about EVERYBODY has that ability.

Let me guess. To get into the Masters Club, or the Leadership program, you have to pay a bigger chunk of money..probably up front. Right?

Be careful. Soundslike a ripoff to me.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"