• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

JABS

Sasaori,

If the jab is used as a leading technique to penetrate and gain distance it is difficult not to get jammed while trying to throw that kick.

I find the options that work for me are either to side step and counter or take the bull by the horns and just commit fully to moving foward with a pre emptive punch to the ribs before the incoming hand gets out. Its a timing thing. If you miss or guess wrong you could get hit, but you will still get your shot off.

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
You're right I would probably use my hands. However I neglected to put that I would move off line to the outside before the kick. As for getting hit ... you can always be hit if your timing is off.

A block is a strike is a lock is a throw.

Sasori,

You talk about exposing your ribs? Well for a moment, anything you do will open you up to a counter. that is why you must attack with conviction

If my survival means your total destruction, then so be it.

IMO that kind of technique will distract or probably irritate who ever you may try it on. I do not see it as practical for anything other than show.

That is true, but frustrating your opponent is a good way to push them into making a mistake.

Paladin - A holy beat down in the name of God!