wrestlingkaratechamp

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Linkin Park is a rap/rock hybrid, and it leans closer to rock. I guess I don't really consider something to be rap unless it has that weird beat behind it.

Battousai: I gotta try that, bumping to Phil Collins... :lol:

After reading through this thread, though, I realized there is ONE rapper I like...Will Smith. His lyrics have always been funny, interesting, and CLEAN. He's been off the scene for a while now, and his last album "Willennium" wasn't all that great, but I still liked a majority of the tracks.

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

as far as rock/rap hybrids go, i much prefer 311 8)

monkeygirl: i think that's something everyone should do at some point in their life :wink: :P

and personally, i'm not a will smith fan. at all. i just really don't like the beat to rap. though i respect the fact that he stays clean and dosen't do the whole "drugs/sex/shot-my-woman-last-night" thing, and he seems to put some THOUGHT into his lyrics (to the window to the wall!?! what does that even MEAN!?!), his stuff just isn't for me. rap in general isn't, i suppose. someone brought up that it has a good dance beat and they dance to it, but i can't dance, so that dosen't present much of a problem :P :D

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

• 1 month later...
i personally think that 50 is a joke. i am not really into his music at all. i do love rap music but not the mainstream stuff that you hear on the radio. i listen to the real hardcore rap music not those cheap * *bling* *bling* artists. my favourite rappers have got to be redman and method man. those guys are rich but they dont flaunt it and even though they got more money then i will ever see in my life, they still live in the ghetto

Commerical Music interests do not always represent that genre's true culture. Much like with martial arts you won't truly start to learn until you're black belt, you won't truly see what's good within musical subgenres until you find the heart of it's underground culture.

Rap is definately one where (most) commercial rap makes me cringe and has lyrical content that reminds me of R&B (which is probably one of the only genres of music i totally hate) but the underground rap is awesome.

Yeah, when you get into hardcore freestyling, the true genius of the genre comes out. It's like a battle of words, which I can definitely respect. That's probably the only time I've ever really enjoyed listening to rap...which is inconvenient because it has to be live.

Yeah, I'm down. :weirdlook:

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

gangsta rap making to days youth violent as a psychologist student i'm offeneded by that comment. to be agressive one has to make that ransition you just arent in church one day prayig to god and a gangsta rap record comes on and you go out and kill someone. you have to make that choice yourself then use the music to put you in the mood. you talk about violent entertainment and influence while the star of the terminator is the govenor of california. 2nd eminem got famous by talking about killing and raping his mom on record and how he was going to kill homosexuals. i like all rap commercial and underground. rap and violent enertainment is not the problem with todays youth its bad parenting. white conservative people just blame the entertainment industry because they dont want to spend the time to properly raise there kids because it will intefere with there long buissness hours. i am white by the way so it is not a racial thing.[/b]

hmm which style to choose

whether you meant it to be or not, it's still racist to say that white conservatives are the problem with society :wink: but in an effort to keep this thread open i wont turn this into a political discussion :P :)

i will point out, however, that any good psycology proffessor will point out that media and music can have drastic influences on your life and decisions you make. to say that music has nothing to do with the up bringing of society is foolish. in the end, however, it all comes down to the individual. "it only takes one second for you to make a decision that will effect you or someone else for the rest of your life".

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai