• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Gangster rap is making a comeback

wrestlingkaratechamp

i cant stand rap music.i think its a phase every kid goes threw,i like to call it MTV syndrome.thier are a lot of young kids being influenced by gangsta rap.should we influence our youth to join gangs,sell drugs and commit crimes?because that is exactlly what happens when a 14 yr old kid listens to the stuff.rappers are proud to talk about all of these things,bragging about how they carjacked this guy or how him and his partners jumped this guy and even brag about how much money they have made selling dope,which in my opinion is one of the most ignorant things anyone whos envolved in criminal activity could do.ILL JUST TELL THE WORLD I SELL DRUGS,thats ridiculious! ive heard 4 yr olds come up with better ryhmes than half of those guys.its all junk to me,but thats my opinion.

Why punch someone when their on the ground when you can just kick them

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ach; that's my opinion too. we were at a pep ralley at school, and there was some rap blairing on the speakers. the rhymes that weren't censored didn't make any sense at all. none of the words had anything to do with eachother. is it really that hard? i have the same problem with avril lavigne too, actually. i'm sorry, but you just can't rhyme "boy" with "boy" and "tv" with "mtv". that's cheating! i'd go on about the negative examples and influences on youth, but it you seem to have that pretty well covered.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

I don't like rap. "Gangster rap" specifically. I really wouldn't care if it vanished off the planet. It's just another one of those things that tears people apart (ex. east vs west coast which you mentioned). Music-wise, I don't care for it either. To each his/her own I suppose. :wink:

P.S. Although, "Gangster rap" does one good thing. Provides laughter. What do I mean you say? Ever see a Suburban "thug?" :roll: :lol:

I personally liked some of the old Vanilla Ice,Run DMC sort of thing..Not that Im an expert on rap..believe me Im far from it, but I think rap has drifted from it's original roots...

Same with metal, we have Slipknot and Linkin Park..instead of 17 years ago, Metallica and Maiden...But the whole "hair metal" thing really hurt it, then with Nirvana coming shortly around the corner, eeek.

Metal has never really been a mainstream style of music..Although the true metal bands don't stand a chance at mainstream success in english speaking nations...Personally I think Edguy and Blind Guardian might be massive superstars if they had anyway to publicly display their music.

I suppose the same has happened with rap, I might look at Nelly and P diddy as phonies if I listened to underground rap..

It also annoys me to hear..."shake it baby, dont care bout cha boyfriend, Ima badass p.i.m.p. and chicks dig me, but dey don't wanna ge w-choo white boy"

Being played in public, it's sexist..unintelligent,immature..Talentless,..well with the exception of Eminem and a few others.

I think it has a very bad influence on the youth of today, :kaioken: :kaioken: , But the majority of youth is always screwed up..especially in my city, yes it has one of the highest crime and theft rates in the english speaking world but..No matter where you walk, there is a group of 13 year olds throwing stones at someones home, or harrasing the elderly. One of the reasons Im learning karate.

War and anger shall reign

The clash of iron can be heard

By blindness you're driven insane

I'm lost in anguish and grief

P.S. Although, "Gangster rap" does one good thing. Provides laughter. What do I mean you say? Ever see a Suburban "thug?" :roll: :lol:

Hah, I saw this kid once walking like a thug with a huge fro and a jersey about 5 sizes too big that said something like "wu-tang" on it. We leaned out the window of the car and shouted "Yo, what up dog?" :lol: It was grand!

Paladin - A holy beat down in the name of God!

when me and my friends see them and we're in a car, we like to go "bumpin" to traditional hindu music or phil collins/genisis. you get the weirdest looks...

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

In threads like this, it is generally best to state your feeling and move on, rather than repeat. :)

I am a fan of rap music. That doesn't mean I like all of it. I like what I listen to. :) Like any genre, music I don't like exists therein. Even in a genre that you love, there will be artists (most of them, in most cases) that you do not particularly like.