Why do you study TKD?

Why do you study TKD?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Why do you study TKD?

• Sport
    • Self defence
    • For fun
    • to be a letal weapon........

I'd like to take Wing Chun someday, but I haven't seen many schools that teach it :(

The only kung fu schools that I've seen that there seems to be a great number of are Jeet Kune Do schools, but I don't see how you teach a style that has no style (:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take tkd for all those reasons. Sparring for sport is fun. I also want to be effective in self-defense situations. Plus, it's fun and a great way to stay in shape. I'm also interested in the spiritual aspects of martial arts.

My dad originally enrolled me in tkd, because he thought I could use the discipline and confidence. I used to be a mediocre student, mainly because I couldn't concentrate at all. TKD helped me turn that around. I actually graduated at the top of my class, and I'm convinced that tkd had some part in that.

My instructor offers many techniquies besides TKD, He also teaches BJJ, Boxing and Savate (french Kickboxing) so our club offers more than just spinning kicks and high kicks. More issue is put on self defence. Some clubs train tournament fighters and some clubs produce street defence.It all depends on the instructor. I like the well roundedness of martial arts. The more tools you have the better, but it still come down to the basics.

"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to go to his class." Choi, Hong Hi ITF Founder

I actually graduated at the top of my class, and I'm convinced that tkd had some part in that.

Congrats, Good Job ! :)

"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to go to his class." Choi, Hong Hi ITF Founder

• 4 months later...

Why do I practice Tae Kwon Do? Why do I breathe?

My instructor has told us that if we didn't practice Tae Kwon Do we would be in prison or troublemakers. Why? He explained that TKD gives you tremendous energy inside like a battery. TKD allows us to direct that energy into a useful activity like practice. Otherwise, like a circuit where the power can't go anywhere, it will explode. If we have this energy and didn't practice, we would explode.

My opinion-Welcome to it.