• to be a letal weapon........

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you study another art along with TDK for self defence?

For example I workout with TSD, simlar to TKD, But in addition I train Hap Ki do, Japanese Ju Jitsu, and BJJ (when I have time).

I mean no disrespect, Just that the high kicks and spins on TKD and TSD are not really best on the street. Also, many fights end up with two fighters in close quarters and grappling. While a skilled TKD artist may keep an opponet back effectivly, there is a chance that the attacker can get inside. Having a rounded trainning in hand techniques and grappling techniques will be of great advantage in those situations.

While a skilled TKD artist may keep an opponet back effectivly, there is a chance that the attacker can get inside. Having a rounded trainning in hand techniques and grappling techniques will be of great advantage in those situations.

Um, I'm not trying to pick at you, but my TKD school does grappling. We don't just kick and spar. We do joint locks, throws, take-downs, stand-up grappling and ground grappling.

Anyways, I started MA for self defense in TSD. While I TSD IS a good self defense art for the stand-up fighter, I do have to agree with Akima's last sentence.

Laurie F

While a skilled TKD artist may keep an opponet back effectivly, there is a chance that the attacker can get inside. Having a rounded trainning in hand techniques and grappling techniques will be of great advantage in those situations.

Um, I'm not trying to pick at you, but my TKD school does grappling. We don't just kick and spar. We do joint locks, throws, take-downs, stand-up grappling and ground grappling.

Anyways, I started MA for self defense in TSD. While I TSD IS a good self defense art for the stand-up fighter, I do have to agree with Akima's last sentence.

Your TKD school needs to change its name. Its no longer TKD.

Peace, Love, Harmony