• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hands vs. Feet

no no, i meant that differently. while yes, untrained fighters do use such tenchniques often successfully, i was referring to trained fighters, specifically wrestlers. wrestlers are skilled in take downs first and formost, and in nearly all street fights, once you take the guy down its over. to reiterate, bjj and other such grapplings are great- im just pointing out that takedowns win fights. and, obviously, being trained in such techniques (wrestling or bjj or whatever) will greatly increase your chances of winning a fight on the street.

a broken arm throws no punches

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure I can agree with that Thuggish. A trained fighter period is going to have a great advantage over most people. I mean fighter (someone who actually fights and trains to fight) not merely any Martial Artist. Depending on the size and strength of the grappler I would say that most of the time yes a grappler will be much more suited for the street. Takedown and finish. I prefer taking someone down without going down myself and stomping or locking them up. But a good balance of striking and grappling is always the best thing. Sometimes going to the ground might be too risky depending on the situation or environment. But from your profile you have that covered.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

Your profile, the styles you study. Kung Fu, Muay Thai, Wrestling. You have stand up and grappling skills?

I think if ur gonna take someone down in a streetfight the best thing to do is run when they hit the ground, ur there to defend ur self not to kill them.

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee

ohhh. yea, ignore that profile, its old and im too lazy to change it. i have some stand up grappling skill, but i still prefer a takedown, maybe a hold that results in a break or a takedown where im still standing (throw i guess youd call it.) that is, if i cant just knock him down with striking. rich is right though, in most situations its best to get the hell out of there- idiots who start * usually have friends near by.

a broken arm throws no punches

Cheers!

• 1 year later...

bruce lee said that the legs are longer weapon than your arms, making them able to create a more powerful and devestating blow to your opponent, but he also said that essentially the fighter with better punching skills usually wins the fight.