• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hands vs. Feet

Balance is the best. :)

he is correct but if their were goning to be a fight between just puncher and kicker a puncher would win i mean the kicker woudnt be able to block his punch es but the puncher could block his kicks ( but balance is best

:) CYA NEXT TIME :)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he is correct but if their were goning to be a fight between just puncher and kicker a puncher would win i mean the kicker woudnt be able to block his punch es but the puncher could block his kicks

But then again, A kicker would never allow a puncher to get in to throw a punch, using the legs to keep distance between him and the opponent.

it's just the words of another who believes that people who primarily kick cannot take/block/actually punch.

whilst the guys who punch can take/block whatever comes there way.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

and so can most people.

i just don't understand.

why do you assume that a guy who mainly trains to kick can't deal with punches?

if he can deal with kicks aimed at all heights why can't he deal with punches that ONLY aim for the top half of the body?

after all, name one martial art that doesn't teach the protecting of the head and body?

if you are taking the extreme view that

punchers DON'T kick

and

kickers DON'T punch

then i'll argue that the puncher will have problems because the kicker can target at any height and has a range advantage.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

I'll have to argue that someone that knows how to punch has got a better balance than someone who knows how to kick, simply because the one who punches can move as he punches, while the one who kicks cant... Balance is everything, if you loose it, and have against you a fighter that knows what he is doing, you WILL loose!

but don't you think that the guy who has trained to kick knows how to keep balance?

it's a bit simplistic to simply say that just cos he is kicking, he is off balance...

yes ofcourse, but im thinking that if they both have trained balance as much, then the one who punches has still got one leg more on the ground to support himself with, and thus has better balance. The main thing here is that the puncher has got much more possibilities, or potential if I may say so in having two legs on the ground.

Plus the thing about that the one who's punching can move while he strikes, and the one who's kicking cant. Which would argue my oppinion on which is better, I'd say hands!

Good discussion, but let's try to take it away from "who would win". I like that you're focusing on strengths and weaknesses of each, though. :up:

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

I take tkd, and i think that kicks are great to keep someone back, and of course they have alot of power and range, but i don't throw them if i think i'll knocked off balance or something. I like using them to throw off the balance of my oponent, then move in closer and use hand techniques, or knees or something. I love kicks though.