• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hands vs. Feet

Hands and legs are both important, without one of them, it would just like be losing a weapon. But since hands are more sensitive then legs, hands are more important (sometimes, you find yourself being able to do something with your hands but not able to do it with your feet).

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the kicker woudnt be able to block his punch es but the puncher could block his kicks
In the experience i've seen, the kicker can block punches just fine - their arms are live and defensive the whole time - but some of those kicks if you try to block them, all that's going to happen is that when you get clobbered it will be by your own hand and arm after the kick blows through the block like it wasn't there.

Unreasonable to think you can keep someone at that range indefinately, but then again, it's unreasonable to think that you can keep someone at boxing range indefinately.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

the kicker woudnt be able to block his punch es but the puncher could block his kicks
In the experience i've seen, the kicker can block punches just fine - their arms are live and defensive the whole time - but some of those kicks if you try to block them, all that's going to happen is that when you get clobbered it will be by your own hand and arm after the kick blows through the block like it wasn't there.

Unreasonable to think you can keep someone at that range indefinately, but then again, it's unreasonable to think that you can keep someone at boxing range indefinately.

Than why a boxer will defeat a TKD guy with ease ??????

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

1: A boxer can take a lot of abuse, and a kick while closing isn't going to be a finisher.

2: A lot of TKD stylists train for sport, not fighting - none of their kicks were going to do all that much anyways.

3: As a rule, TKD stylists, because they concentrate so much on kicking and remove the counters to kicking (sweeps, takedowns, etc) from their 'allowed techniques', tend to not be very good at countering the responses that they will tend to see a lot of, because they rarely are faced with them.

One of these is the ability to keep a resisting opponent in kicking range, as all their training partners tend to want to stay in the same range.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

I'm a kicker personally, mainly because I'm also a runner so I have much stronger legs. But I can also punch, most fights I have had ended with kicks to lower vitals.

But kickers, we gotta face some facts, kicks that are above the waist are ineffective in a fight! Legs are on the ground, so why are there so many kickers so focused on hitting guys in the head with our legs, it's like tying to punch the groin from stand up. Kicking low means you can do lots of damage without the balance problems that you would kicking high, and chances are you'll win more fights.

So if you are a kicker, and you want to hit an opponent in the head, then learn to punch

• 1 month later...

Im more of a 60(hands) and 40(feet).

I usually use low kicks to set up a distraction so then I can use my hands.

I practice high kicks but would never use them in a fight.Had a bad experience with it when I sparred with a judo friend of mine,been scared to lift it above my waist ever since :lol:

tournaments: both. legs have better distance and more power potential... hands are quicker (whatever anyone says) and you dont have to be on one leg to perform them... combinations!

street: mainly hands... becos of the close up nature... hands are more versatile and quick... legs for leg kicks/knees/occasionally stomach/groin kicks...

IMO