• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Demo Ideas??

Our school is having a Halloween party...in which we black belts will be performing (showing off) our skills. I want to do a break. Any good ideas? Someone is already doing a fire break (flying side through ring of fire and setting boards aflame for hammerfist). Ice and concrete blocks done in the past too.

How about using candy bars as spacers and when I break they pop up in the air and catch them in my mouth? :brow: :lol: ...nah, highly improbable. Thought maybe there might be something impressive I might do to wow the kiddies :???:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Do you use weapons? If so then I would do a demo with weapons...the more dangerous they look, the better they'll like it!! Hey, I just thought of something....why don't you dress as a witch, then turn your broomstick into a weapon.

[ This Message was edited by: Kickbutt on 2001-10-16 16:16 ]

If you think something small cannot make a difference - try going to sleep with a mosquito in the room.

-Unknown-

how about a self defense street situatioon involving flying kicks and kind of near stunt activities, something really dynamic as to have the watchers hanging off the end of their seat with amazement.

Anthony Bullock

1st Dan Black Belt - Shotokan Karate

5th Kyu Yellow Belt - Aiki-Jutsu

https://www.universaldojo.com Coming Soon

LOL....Lori that's IS a good one....to my students I may not even hafta dress up for that one! :lol:

I have no training as far as weapons go so...hmm I do sweep a mean broom tho' :lol:

Moobrack....good one, I like that too worth considering! I am going to do a break...just hafta find a neat spin on the technique considering the theme!

• 2 weeks later...

one of my favorites when trying to show off kicking skills is the windmill kick using the roundhouse..........because of terminology problems i will try to descibe it....... :???:

something like this: roundhouse break with a backward 360 degree jumping roundhouse break....try that, it is always impressive..... :cowboy:.the crecent kicks is the one used on TV all the time. oh yea; wear a witches outfit for this one.

rushman (taekwondo moderator)

3rd dan

wtf/kukkiwon

[ This Message was edited by: iamrushman on 2001-10-25 20:38 ]

rushman (karate forums sensei)

3rd dan wtf/kukkiwon

"saying nothing...sometimes says the most"--e. dickerson

Thanks all of you for the great ideas. Tomorrow is the day...not sure what I will do actually. I am doing a break...possibly a speed break of some sort ...palm heel, hook punch or 360 round kick or jump spin back.

Oh, and a witches costume huh??? I'll get you my little pretty...and youre little dog too!!!! :lol:

It all depends on how young these children are, if they're really young they'll love the witch thing, but if a bit older, then they probably started worrying about "cool" and they'll think the witch is "lame"

Don't get me wrong, its a good idea, just the audience could receive it in other ways than you'd expect :smile:

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com