• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Martial art for self defense

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Go to whichever one of the schools offer the most sparring. Sparring is invaluable in learning how to fight. Katas are a waste of time when you are cornered in a dark alley... Although they are useful in learning how to perform a certain move, block, or punch. Try both since you have the rest of your life to do them. Good luck and train hard.

• 3 weeks later...

Ju Jitsu

I was going to say but then I searched on the internet about Kempo and found a site and it looks effective to me and a combination of Ju Jitsu & Karate :)

700 hours of official training. Injury finished me dammit!

1st Kyu Wado Ryu

JKD Chick said:

Neither pure Kenpo or pure JJ is going to be much use for self-defense. Go for the Kenpo if that's all you've got, but I'd think you might want to look up an instructor at https://www.fighting.net.

What are you talking about? I can't speak for Shaolin Kempo, because I've never studied it. But I study Jujutsu and I can assure you that it is very effective for self defense. I don't know what experience you have, but obviously you've never studied Jujutsu or you wouldn't be talking that way. As far Kempo, it looks pretty effective to me. You should come to one of our classes to see for yourself if it's effective. Bujinkan North Hollywood. :)

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

• 3 weeks later...

Tokebowl Maybe Ju-Jitsu is for show, but Jujutsu is for maiming or killing.

Come to our class for a free lesson to see if it's for show. You live in LA, were in North Hollywood come down we invite you.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"