• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Katana training...

Strife

I was wondering if anyone out there knows of any GOOD routines to become for proficient with a katana, faster, more powerful, better all around. I have some experience with using them but i wish to become much more proficent. Any helpful assistance would be appreciated.

Its only funny until someone gets hurt. Then its hilarious.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I am not sure what all you are looking for in this area, but I might be able to help you. If you are looking for some training videos you might want to look up Anthony Gallo videos available at Black and Blue Video Productions or you might try looking up information on Haidong Gumdo. If you are trying to get more proficient at Iaido there are several sights that are available with free information. Depending on how "experienced" you are you might want to get an instructor in Iaido, Bokken-jutsu, or a style like Haidong Gumdo. If you do decide to go it alone you will want to start by getting a Bokken, Suburi-to, or a shinai, in roder to reduce you level of injury, but don't think you can't get hurt or killed with these weapons, Musashi used to kill katana-weilding samurai with them. I hope this little bit of information will help. :D

"let those who shed blood with me be forever known as my brother."

I was wondering if anyone out there knows of any GOOD routines to become for proficient with a katana, faster, more powerful, better all around. I have some experience with using them but i wish to become much more proficent. Any helpful assistance would be appreciated.

If you truely want to be proficient, you should learn directly under an Iaido teacher, Kumdo teacher, or Kendo teacher. Learning the sword properly can really be done via video. I have spen 4+ years in Kumdo and Kumsul and I am still correcting mistakes and trying to get it right.

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes an even bigger man to point at him and laugh

Go to a school that teaches the sword. Daito Ryu Jujutsu has great sword training to offer.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

If you want to learn true swordmanship with a katana you need to find a kenjutsu school. however most Aikido/Aikijutsu schools teach iaido or some type of kenjutsu since those schools come form the sword arts.

Karate is not a sport , it is a way of life .

Sandan Motobu ha Shi-to ryu karate

Katsu ryu kempo

Ryukyu kobudo