• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Dojo sparring rules?

Goju1

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

semi contact sparring

ok you can not hit below the belt and no punching and kicking to thr face but you can kick to the side of the head with a roundhouse kick and with your hand you can do ridge hand and back fists and hit the person light.

full contact sparring

you can not hit below the belt you can punch to the face but no kicks you can hit the person a hard as you can.

L8er

Trodai Karate, Brown Belt 1nd Kyu

"Belts Are For Holding Your Pants Up" Bruce Lee

"With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility"Ben Paker

Sometimes I wear shin pads, they are optional, footgear is mandatory (the open bottom, velcro strap type)

By the way, what is the point of limiting sparring to above the waist? Most of the best techniques are down below i.e. foot sweeps, low round house to the thigh points, stomp kicks. If you are facing a larger, taller or more powerful opponent the best way to bring them down to size is low work, IMHO. Could someone let me know why some karate styles don't allow sparring below the waist. Just curious.

it is too easy to damage the knee, accidents have cause many MA to have to stop training. There also those who forget about injury during training and try to sue. Waivers mean less then you would think in court. So the instructor must make sure the training is safe for everyone involved.

"If you don't want to get hit while sparring , join the cardio class"