• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Karate Black Belt test

jibaro

What does the Karate Black Belt test consist of, this guy named Travis said that it consisted of 1 on 1 with no pads for 10 min. then 2 on 1 for 20 minutes, 3 on 1 for 20, and so on, until 5 on 1 for 30 minutes, keep in mind he said no pads, real kicking and hitting, and if you pass out, from a kick to the head or whatever, you fail, and that there are chances of you being killed, is this bull**** or is he telling the truth.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Jeez - where does this guy train? :o Naw, I thinks he's yankin' your chain. Sometimes our sparring consists of 3 or 4 on 1 for the higher black belts, but that is only a part of your grading. You're more likely to fail for not knowing the proper applications. Maybe in old Okinawa they used to do things like you mention, but I doubt anymore - imagine the liability issues, for one?

I doubt if they even did that in Okinawa. Somebody's been watching too much television. He's definitely pulling your leg. I've heard of one group called the Green Dragon Society that makes you fight your way to your rank as the last part of the test. It's supposedly without pads but I'm not sure how true that is. That's what I read somewhere. I called them and they want every applicant to the school to come in for an interview with the instructor.

A block is a strike is a lock is a throw.

Just depends on the art.

We do full contact sparring on our Dan tests. However we are wearing pads and its only one on one.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."