• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Obstacles to training

Do any of you have anything that gets in the way of your training? I work a evening shift and every six months we bid for the days off and shift we want. We train on Monday, Tuesday and Thrusday so I always try to get Mon. & Tues. off. Usually those days are pretty easy to get since most people like to have other days off. Until this past bid we went through. I was only able to get a Tues. Wed. off. We are allowed to swap days with other people who are willing to switch so I was campaigning every week for someone to trade with. :brow: What a pain! The good news is we've just completed our current bid that goes into effect Oct. 19 so not too much more begging I'll have to do! Thank God! Sorry to run long. Just wondering if there were others out there who had things that sometimes got in the way of training?

"If your hand goes forth withhold your temper"

"If your temper goes forth withold your hand"

-Gichin Funakoshi

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to when I first started MA. I worked third shift. It wasn't so bad getting to class, but it was hard to get enough sleep to get through class, plus an 8 hour night shift.

I do work two jobs now, but one of them I work at my dojang. So I'm already there when my class starts.

Laurie F

Wife, Kid, Fulltime job, PT job........

Im always a little worn out before I even start to train. :wink:

Its difficult but I still find ways to make time because I really enjoy it so much. Bribery with the wife also hepls too. :P

(But honey if you let me go to class Ill do the dishes, laundry, take the kid with me.....ect :up: )

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

I understand where you're coming from Shotochem. My wife works a regular job with regular day time hours so we're like two ships that pass in the night. The two nights a week I could be home at night, I'm at karate class. It's tough sometimes but luckily she understands I love training very much. Bribery does help as well too! :lol: We have two kids and ones trains with me so thats great. Thanks for your responding everyone!

"If your hand goes forth withhold your temper"

"If your temper goes forth withold your hand"

-Gichin Funakoshi

Just a time thing for me. I love to be with my kids, and they're in bed before I get home. I hate that!

The patch or crest worn by Isshinryu karateka often raises admiration and curiosity. The patch is based on a day dream Tatsuo Shimabuku had in the fifties while he was creating his karate style. This dream was the missing piece in the puzzle called Isshinryu. The patch is often incorrectly called Mizu Gami, which means 'water goddess'. Originally the Isshinryu emblem was called 'Isshinryu No Megami', which means 'Goddess of Isshinryu'. The goddess is the Goddess of Isshinryu karate and not the goddess of water.

Gheinisch my friend you sound like you are a bus driver just like my self.Yes I often have problemes to cope with training.at the moment we just change our boocking for the fall season so right now I have monday and tuesday off I work on evening on wednesday and thursday,afternoon on friday and saturday,day time on sunday, on monday I train no probleme wednesday I do a split shift from 3:00 pm to 07:00 pm and I start back at 09:00pm to 00:15 am so when I am done my first part I drove to the dojo 20 minutes from my work place so I mist the warm-up but my sensei give me the chance to do the karate part of the class.On saturday I go to train from 10:00 am to 11:00 am and I go to work for 12:00,sunday I finish working at 0500 pm and start training at 06:00 pm. BUt remember my friend if you overcome all the obstacles the life put in you way I belived it will reflect in you martial art.

I don't train for belt color I train to survive on the street