• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Your Favorite Book...

mouko_yamamoto

midnight's children by salmon rushdie,

it just weaves around and around and everytime you turn a page, a new thread is tied into the whole and the picture is that little bit closer to being complete.

simply wonderful.

funny, sad, magical.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have trouble getting into him. in one book he spent a good 20 pages explaining how an atomic bomb works, and quite frankly, i just don't care. he goes far to in depth into military strategy and technology for me. it's just not my thing. i can see where someone would like him, though 8)

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

yeah, I'm not a fan of clancy

Tang Soo Do/Tae Kwon Do

....Oh yeah, and unofficially...

KENJUTSU

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die." ~ Sima Yi

i more or less liked the hunt for red october. outside of that, i haven't particularly enjoyed anything.

oh, and i know he's a childrens author, but i like lemony snicket. as a librarian, my bosses make me read all kinds of books incase someone asks for advice on what to grab, and i can say that his stuff is as good as good as most adult fiction authors.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

"A Separate Peace" by John Knowles. I loved the love-hate friendship dynamic between the two characters. I've lived near a prep school for 13 years (this year I'm actually going to it), so the story hit pretty close to home. Plus, it's just very well-written. Very fine book indeed :D

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

20 pages to explain how an atomic bomb works? Geez, that could be explained in under 20 sentances.

Anyways, my favourite book would probrably have to be Hyperspace by Michio Kaku. (I think I spelled that more or less right.) Compleat Cat by Cleveland Amory was neat as well.

Paladin - A holy beat down in the name of God!

"A Separate Peace" by John Knowles. I loved the love-hate friendship dynamic between the two characters. I've lived near a prep school for 13 years (this year I'm actually going to it), so the story hit pretty close to home. Plus, it's just very well-written. Very fine book indeed"

hmmm... i never did get around to reading that. it's on my list, by my friends all say it sucks so i'm slowly making my way towards it :lol:

" 20 pages to explain how an atomic bomb works? Geez, that could be explained in under 20 sentances."

No, in one...

"The bomb falls from the plane, and goes Boom!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tang Soo Do/Tae Kwon Do

....Oh yeah, and unofficially...

KENJUTSU

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die." ~ Sima Yi