• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Is it safer in the Dojo???

Hi All,

I was wondering, I ve noticed lately IVe been safer in the Dojo than at home. When I started I used to get banged up all the time, now not too often. OTH, at home I trip over things and bang into them. Yard work will be the end of me. In the last 6 months Ive cut my hand open, dislocated my shoulder, sprained my wrist and have had a mild concussion. NONE of these things happened at the dojo they happened at home!!!! :o :o :o

Go figure????

Does this happen to you guys too???

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I do have my share of accidents around the home but not to that extent. I might want to consider wearing one of those red man suits while doing yard work. :lol: Be careful, the home can be a dangerous place. I think satistics show that most people suffer injuries at home more than any where else.

"If your hand goes forth withhold your temper"

"If your temper goes forth withold your hand"

-Gichin Funakoshi

i not only feel physically safer in the dojang, but i feel that my belongings are safer there, too. at home, things have a tendancy to turn up "missing", usually money. at the dojang, no one would dream of doing such a thing. i love my dojang :)

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

Me too battousai. I put a wallet down on the counter at my dojo, with $50+, and didn't worry about it. (on a side note, did you get your name from 'Ghost in the Shell'?)

Tang Soo Do/Tae Kwon Do

....Oh yeah, and unofficially...

KENJUTSU

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die." ~ Sima Yi

I work at my dojang, so I hope no one would do such a thing. No one has so far, that is.

As far as injuries go, not to discourage you, but most of my injuries came from my previous two dojangs, not at home. Mainly my falt for being "stupid." Trying a kick I never did before, or height of a kick .... mainly pulled hammies, and bum knees, but it still doesn't stop me LOL. I do know the kicks I was previously injured with now, though. So that can prevent more injury LOL (plus proper stretching helps, also).

Laurie F

:lol: I'm the same as Laurie...for the past three years, nearly all of my injuries came from the dojo:

Bad hips, broken finger, arthritic toe, broken orbital bone, twisted ankle, etc...

Must be due to all that "weak" Tae Kwon Do sparring we did... :lol:

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

lol maybe because in the dojo you are more careful

You may be right. We tend to have that safe happy feeling at home and take our personal safety for granted. :)

Its just a clutzy streak at home lately. I guess I save all my coordination for the dojo. :D

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.