• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

makuso

Sho-ju

We skip it. Mokuso is a pretty much of a Japanese concept, imported to some other styles or dojo also. Doesn't really belong to our style => No mokuso.

Of course, many may think that mokuso clears the mind. They may think so. I still believe that the overall training situation should act as "mokuso", without any special ceremonies.

Jussi Häkkinen

Okinawan Shorin-Ryu Seibukan Karate-Do (Kyan Chotoku lineage)

Turku

Finland

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

It very good feeling say your mind gone out the door lisenting to other peoples brething it very good feelings if you know how to do the proper one. 30 seconds at begining and 30 seconds after class all together is 1 minute.

Your dojo should not drop it all experts and other like every one funako enore everyone should not drop it.....but if you wants it up tou UUU

I am still training however, having dabbled in Shotokan and Shotokai Karate. I am please to report that Kenshukai is one of the strongest and most disciplined styles ( i did not write this)

We usually do it for about 2 minutes at the end of each class.

Unfortunately I'm usually thinking ... "Ow, I hate kneeling like this, my foot's gone dead, ow cramp, can we stop now?"

I try to have my students clear their minds and concentrate as they move into warm-ups and kata. Actually we strive for this during the entire class. If you can't learn to calm your mind to concentrate on what is at hand immediately you are going to have a very difficult time after an adrenaline dump has happened during a street scenario. However, that's another topic entirely.

A block is a strike is a lock is a throw.