• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

makuso

Sho-ju

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

i think it's spelled MOkuso...

It's good to calm your mind... don't do any miracles... sometimes help to be more centered... but depends of how u do it...

If you could improve yourself in only three or two months, everybody would be invencible...

It is meant for calming the mind before training, so you aren't thinking about your everyday problems (fight with the spouse, problems at work, etc) while you should be concentrating on training. And in the end of the session, you again calm your mind to off-mode from all the fighting.

Yes it is a must IMO. As mentioned by Kirves beforehand to clear the mind and be ready for karate, and afterwards to clear the fighting mindset and return to real life. The time depends on the senior student calling the instructions. It can be as short as 10 seconds or as long as several minutes. I usually like to let it go on for a good minute or so when its my decision.

In my previous school we had some minor accidents, maybe 3 or 4 a year. Each happened for the same reason: the student was "thinking something else" at the moment. In my current school we have a zero accident rate. It is my personal belief that some of it is thanks to the mokuso-practice that ensures nobody is thinking about anything else than the present moment.