• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Full contact sparring and fighting.

I know i know, this has been done to death, but i would just like to point out what i think when i'm doing full contact NHB sparring.

A lot of the time i don't fight like i would on the street, especially if it's full contact against one of my mates. I don't kick to the knee with my full strength, i don't attack the throat, they eyes, and i generally don't hit as hard as i possibly can, which is kinda detrimental cos i need to know what i can and can't do, when i'm sparring.

I use a lot more kicks in full contact sparring than i would on the street (where i'm more traps, locks, and punches). Does anyone else have this problem in full contact?

Angus :karate: :up:

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

yep i do, but i think its coz its mates im sparring with and its to improve and practice techniques, so if your going FULL WHACK against the opponent then injurys will happen and you will be out of training for a while...so i dont hit to my full potential

• 1 month later...

Id really like to go hit and kick my hardest in full contact because martial arts is the only way I get to let agression out, however I dont, lol it comes out through the 'kias'. Id really like it if we could wear more protective clothes then Id feel happier about doing my best.

:nod:

Empty your mind : be formless, shapeless like water. Now you can put water inot a cup and it becomes that cup. Now water can flow and it can crash. Be water.