• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Tactics vs. Strength

for most people tacktics seem to be the better cookie, and rightly so, but it has to be a balance, you cant have one without the other, ex you can study tactics all your life but if you don't have enough speed and power you cant back the tequneques up. Its like saying to your hand that it's more important than your feet. Your hand is usless with out your feet just as raw power is usless without teqnique.

Sparring - loved by many perfected by few

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but with proper technique comes power. Not the other way around. Tactics are more related to how you handle a fight in order to have all things in your favor. Speed and power isn't everything, moving at the right time is more important than moving fast.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

If you only rely on strength, there will always be someone stronger. Strength fades with age and can be used against you by someone with good tactics.

I agree with treebranch, to keep your strength you have to be constantyly working out, tactics wonce you learn them will stay with you alot longer than your strength. Take akido for example, the whole point of it is using the oponents weight and strength against them. Although like i said earlier you have to have enought strength to back up the tequneques but it's tecneque you learn, and like you said earlier with tecneque comes strength.

Sparring - loved by many perfected by few

It's like golf vs. football. Golf is all about technique. Football has technique, but strength is essential.

It's like golf vs. football. Golf is all about technique. Football has technique, but strength is essential.

Just a hunch, but I think most football players could beat a golf player in a fight. Unless that's what you meant. :lol:

Paladin - A holy beat down in the name of God!

No that's not what I meant. I was comparing a highly physical sport to one that is all about technique an analogy to tactics vs. strength.

By the way if the golfer has his 9 iron the football player will get wrecked. LOL!