• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Tactics vs. Strength

It's obvious that no matter what the tiger will win every time. So are you saying a larger person will win every time? I don't think comparing animals to people is helpful in this discussion whatsoever. I think tactics are more important in the span of your life than strength is. When you get old you get weaker and the only thing you have left is your cunning.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how about another question?

if you could chose to have one or the other "given" to you, which would you prefere?

to be strong or to be tactical?

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

With tactics usually comes good form, which adds power/strength to a kick/punch. If you are a good martial artist, it won't be much of a problem throwing a good punch that can be effective easy.

Then again, there are really huge guys who can fight really sloppy yet still win a fight if they connect a wild hit with their brute force.

I pick tactics over strength if I could only have one. :D Tactics would come in handy more often than strength will in a fight. Strength is limited and tactics are limitless.

how about another question?

if you could chose to have one or the other "given" to you, which would you prefere?

to be strong or to be tactical?

Tactics. Personal strength may make you a better fighter, but the ability to lay an effective ambush can make all the difference.

Unless by tactics, you actually mean technique, which is completely difference, but I think you meant somewhere between the two.

Paladin - A holy beat down in the name of God!

tactise 66%

strenth 34%

Having both you are A and B =M2

+ M 1 =hM2o1+strenth 3 =power and brain.

I am still training however, having dabbled in Shotokan and Shotokai Karate. I am please to report that Kenshukai is one of the strongest and most disciplined styles ( i did not write this)

well, i think you understood where my question was heading with regards to the initial question asked.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

Your tactics will always improve in time, but in time your strength may fade.

Does that mean that you should train your strength so that you can retain your strength for longer when it begins to fade, or that your strength will be fleeting and is not as worthwhile an investment, and thus tactics/technique should be practiced?

Paladin - A holy beat down in the name of God!