-- Edmund Burke

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, a counterattack. That's actually a good, foolproof philosophy. Go for it! :wink:

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

• 3 weeks later...

loads to choose from and i dont conciously pick a combo and use it i just react to what happens so i will give some i like doing on the pads.

im orthodox so left foot forward

jab cross fall through left low kick

cross, left uppercut, cross, left hook, right low kick

jab,, cross, step in left shovel hook, right lateral elbow step out and back in with cross for counter.

i dont know, theres loads of stuff you can do.

i could go on all day, i like knees most, though i fight predominently as a punch knee guy.although the above doesnt reflect that.

Edited by Mart

Seize the day!

hmm fairly new to this but :

weight in left leg, push onto right while right backhanding the face, followed by a left slap/claw,

weight in right legs push onto left while left back handing face, followed by right upper cut to either jaw or body

not hugely complicated butit messes thier guard up and confuses them

i suppose you could put kicks into there too...but im only new :D

Orange sash

• 1 month later...

In a points sparring combos my personally fave is..

Lunging punch + reverse punch , so u are provoking a block , or similar reaction , maybe even a counter strike ,then pushing that guard/strike upwards with the lungin hand and striking under with the reverse punch.

i find the majority of points come from hook kicks , defensive sidekicks , reverse punches , and a swift bridge hand can be pretty decent to :)

guard is very important also ,i find a zonal freestyle guard to my preference , as points can only be scored above the belt... (in our spars)

~swiftbladE~

This combo doesnt have any kicks. I despise the use of kicks above the waist.

right jab

right jab

left cross

right hook

left uppercut

right vertical fist jab to the solar plexus (bend your knees and twirk your hips as you punch for maximum power)

That's strictly boxing, but they have always worked for me for the fights ive been in. Make sure to snap the jabs quickly and bring them back even quicker. if you wanna get real rough, when they bend over after the hit to the stomach, grab the back of their head and knee them in the face :P

"Give me back my sandals or i'm keeping your nephew's hamster..."- Bruce Lee

Block their attack. Hit their openings.

Why not attack the attack? That's Jeet Kune Do for you. Why defend against their attacks? when they jab, you side step and cross. then they hook, you bob and weave under it and come up with an uppercut. I never block. But that's just me, if it works for you, go for it buddy

"Give me back my sandals or i'm keeping your nephew's hamster..."- Bruce Lee

• 1 month later...

the ol 1-2 and a roundhouse is the most basic, yet maybe most effective combo in muay thai. oh, what the hell is a gold belt?

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."

-Machiavelli

Block their attack. Hit their openings.

Why not attack the attack? That's Jeet Kune Do for you. Why defend against their attacks? when they jab, you side step and cross. then they hook, you bob and weave under it and come up with an uppercut. I never block. But that's just me, if it works for you, go for it buddy

I go with Krunchyfrogg on this one, maybe you misunderstood, I block while I am moveing in straight or 45' side for counter attack.all inside the contact zone.

here is one combo I have seen in many matches, from right foot stance you move 45' to left performing a long or street punch this is the set up part ,as soon as your left foot is on the ground ,round house(already started) kick by right leg to the opposite side of head.