• 5 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your fast enough a quick spin cresent to there gaurd and then a quick punching combo can seem to get some points.

Sparring - loved by many perfected by few

These are a few i usually catch opponents with.

Head Jab, Body Rip, head hook - all attacks thrown of the lead hand.

Rear roundkick(allow leg momentum to switch your stance) and then follow with a side kick. - Really good for chasing an opponent, as two or three sidekicks can be fired as need be.

Rear roundkick to ribs, followed quickly by a rear round to the head.

Low front leg pushkick followed by a rear roundkick to the head - First kick sets up hand position

High rear roundkick(allow to drift in front of opponent, do not connect) and use momentum to follow into a spinning side kick.

Jab, hook, uppercut - the hook opens the guard for the uppercut.

low roundkick,right cross, left hook - the roundkick to the legs drops the hands for the cross, and if they come up to block the cross the hook catches them.

These are obviously simplified, i could not include every detail, and i dont want everyone at my school suddenly using my tricks on me either.

I have found most of these will usually work against most opponents in point fighting. For full contact fighting, just hide the kicks behind punches.

Chris

Extra credit also goes to anyone who can name the WKA fighter that the second combo comes from.

• 4 weeks later...

Lately I've been working on my hand speed. It pays to be good with both the feet and the hands, no matter how tall you are or how good you think you can kick the guy away:

1. Backfist-cross-hook- bodyblow (the bodyblow is primarily if the guy is either back up against something or you are stepping into all the punches)

2. Jab, elbow, elbow, spin-backfist. (unfortuately, I can't use the elbows in sparring - grrr :kaioken: )

3. hook, bodyblow, hook, bodyblow - repeat if opponent still standing.

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

now that i've finaly got more ballance one of my favorite things to do is stand there with my knee up so that i can throw a veriaty of kicks quickly. A combo i found usfull for slow people who are always backing up: High round kick to spinside kick to round kick to spinsidekick and keep advancing on them...

@ CPU

We seem to study the same style of Karate. My dojo is called American States Karate located in the tip of MN (basically, a dark cliff on the edge of the earth).

Way to go buddy! Just remember that American Karate never limits either hand of foot techniques. In the future as you learn to kick better, you'll also find your hand combos available to be trained as needed.

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

We seem to study the same style of Karate.
hmm i wonder...

:roll:

also not realy a combo, but switching styles in the middle of sparring can rreeeaaaallly confuse someone as i found

• 1 month later...

Lightning123456: this is one of my names on internet but its actually a 6-strike combo

Lightning123456: Left Jab, right jab, L jab, right jumping Cross, wile landing push into the opponent with a right front kick, and finish off with a side step side kick(if he bends down after the front kick use the downward elbow to his head instead)

here you go guys its my "super move"

“The way you train is the way you’ll fight.”