American Ving Tsun

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the thing is i don't get how you can get ving tsun to be anything like how it is pronounced in cantonese.

i am chinese and speak cantonese and i can't think of any words that has a "v" sound...

as for the "ts" sound, i can't see why or how it is better/closer than the "ch".

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

I never claimed that Ving Tsun was a better pronunciation, just that, that was the preferred spelling for Yip man that's it but Wing Chun is pretty close for Cantonese and Ving Tsun is pronounced like "Wing Chun" V sounds like W and TS makes a Ch sound. :)

---Aaron

Ving Tsun is limitless in it's application.

American Ving Tsun Kung Fu Academy

http://www.moyyat.net

er....

v does not sound like w

but it don't matter

i only ever call it as it is in cantonese.

what does get me though, is the different ways it is represented in chinese...

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

This is just my opinion but...

Also in kung fu tradition, once a student took on the title Sifu they could no longer learn from their own sifu, that is how it was in the early stages of Yip Man's school. Many of his early students became Sifus at an early age, therefore they had to fill in the gaps and finish their own kung fu or get it finished by their kung fu brothers. So there is another reason for all the differences. This wasn't so much the case for the second and third generation students of Yip Man.

I'm a little confused. Where does this tradition come from ? My teacher will always learn from his teacher. Why would these people take on the title of sifu in wc if they don't know the system?

It's an oooold tradition, before what we consider kung fu schools. When Sifus had a few disciples and that was it.

Why become Sifus? I couldn't answer that question for them. Most would say that you shouldn't teach unless you know Biu Je and the other stuff will come from either your kung fu uncles, brothers or Sifu.

Some may move to another town that doesn't have Wing Chun and need to teach students to have people to work out with.

There are lots of reasons.

---Aaron

Ving Tsun is limitless in it's application.

American Ving Tsun Kung Fu Academy

http://www.moyyat.net