• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Cool kicks

quite a few studies have shown that baseball players swing at almost the same time, if not before, the ball leaves the pitcher's hand.

seeing as there is a limit on human reflex time (motor neuron movement speed) it is quite clear that the batter is pre-empting the pitch.

and yet another person giving that good old theory that if you watch the shoulders you can see a kick coming.

actually, if the shoulders move, it just means that the other guy is moving.

it could be that he is stepping, punching, changing line, changing stance or perhaps it is a kick.

if everytime you put up a guard when you see if his shoudlers move then you are going to be trouble very soon.

also, i can pretty much kick without moving my shoulders.

as can most wing chun guys, mantis guys, hung gar guys, choy-li-fut guys and many, many more.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and with all that said, i've come to notice that in korean styles, at a certain point, the opening chambers of all of your kicks start to look like the chamber for a front kick, thus masking the kick you're about to execute. i suppose knowing that a kick was coming to your head in advance would do you pretty well, but i'm pretty sure mr. wallace wasn't just limited to kicking in one spot.

and, without knowing who herb perez is, i think you're underestimating a kick coming at 60mph. i may be overusing this little bill wallace fact here, but that's really freaking fast.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

and with all that said, i've come to notice that in korean styles, at a certain point, the opening chambers of all of your kicks start to look like the chamber for a front kick, thus masking the kick you're about to execute. i suppose knowing that a kick was coming to your head in advance would do you pretty well, but i'm pretty sure mr. wallace wasn't just limited to kicking in one spot.

and, without knowing who herb perez is, i think you're underestimating a kick coming at 60mph. i may be overusing this little bill wallace fact here, but that's really freaking fast.

I'd have to agree with you, and I know who Herb Perez is... (No disrespect to him - BTW.)

Simply put:

F = m * a

F = net force, m = mass, a = acceleration

p = m * v

p = momentum, m = mass, v = velocity

W = F * d

W = work, F = force, d = distance

P = W/t

P = power, W = work, t = time

Anyway you look at it, it's gonna hurt... :o

Ben Kendrick

"The more you sweat in training the less you bleed in battle..."