Cool kicks

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PKA used to impress me when I was 15 years old. In retrospect, it was boring. Just a bunch of boxers who learned enough kicking to get by, did their 8 kicks per round, and started punching. I really can't see myself as being impressed with Bill Wallace. What exactly did he do that anybody else couldn't do? Keep in mind, at the time he was a novelty. Honestly, I've seen people who kick better in tournaments, particularly the Koreans.

My opinion-Welcome to it.

uh, correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't bill wallace clocked at kicking 60 mph? that's fairly impressive if you ask me, even if he can only do it with the one leg. i've never seen anyone else do that. i was never a die hard fan of him, but he certainly has my respect.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

I've seen fighters who have to be kicking close to that speed knock people out. I just never got caught up in the whole Bill Wallace-Superfoot aura. I didn't think of him any differently than the other fighters of the era. I'm still just as impressed, if not more, than some of the WTF tournament fighters. I really think those guys would give ol' Superfoot a run for his money. Just my humble opinion.

My opinion-Welcome to it.

i welcome it :wink: but with all due respect to TKD, i've never been as impressed with a WTF guy as i've been with mr. wallace. but we digress.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

• 2 weeks later...

Jump 360 spin back side is alot of fun. As an axe instead of side would be lovely. Think I'm gonna go try that now.

Nosig

World famour for idiotography

6th Kyu Wado Ryu

5th Gup Tang Soo Do

1st Dan Origami

The best kick i ever saw was Frank Brennans miageri in a competition. It wasnt fancy the spped was just unbelievably fast!

"To be elated at success, and dissappointed at defeat, is to be the child of Circumstances."

I wish I followed that rule! ^^ I hate Losing!

• 3 weeks later...
i welcome it :wink: but with all due respect to TKD, i've never been as impressed with a WTF guy as i've been with mr. wallace. but we digress.

Herb Perez would knock some wallace's out. I mean...its not fair to judge them now...cause wallace is like 60 somethin years old. But back in his prime, Herb Perez would tear him apart. WTF kicks are too fast and too powerful...a highly skilled TKD fighter will rip apart most stand-up fighters in the ring - providing that they have the mindset to fight against a different style. Some TKD guys get locked into TKD rules. If they fight a muy thai guy they end up on the ground from the leg kicks. Its not that the muy thai guy was better, its that the TKD guy was ignorant to the muy thai techniques.

I watched the last K-1 tournament live in Vegas at the Bellagio. Seeing them in person, and live, and watching them fight, I know for a fact that any member of the national WTF team could beat every single one of them (if they got a chance to train punching to the head for a few months prior).

you know, i think your whole "if they got the chance to train to win prior to the fight" philosophy is true of anyone.