• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

karate!! Uechi-ryu

Bl4cKtH0rN

Which style you finds more efficient?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which style you finds more efficient?

• Uechi-ryu
    • Kyokushin
    • Goju
    • Shotokan
    • Wado-ryu
    • Tang Soo Do
    • Shito-ryu
    • Shorin-ryu
    • Shorin-ryu
    • Shorei-ryu

I would like to have more information on Uechi-ryu and their techniques, I would be appreciated sent me and-books or sites addresses.

Oss, my greetings.

"Someday, I'll be the most powerfull jedi ever..."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Goju/Uechi are a solid, stand your ground and fight style.

Shotokan/shorin ryu are a faster attacking style.

Kyokushin uses aspects from both so I voted Kyokushin. I teach Shotokan with knock down kyokushin style sparring and hope to use more naha te as my club moves up the ranks.

Osu!

Of all the ryuha, not just ryu, I'd say that the most efficient systems are Matsumura Seito Shorin Ryu, Motobu Ryu (Bugeikan) and Isshin Ryu. I love Uechi Ryu too, but it can be a very "external" internal style. Lots of body hardening and Sanchin, but still, very efficient for Naha-te.

Many other ryuha of Shorin require good athleticism and flexibilty. Matsubayashi included. In that instance Higaonna Goju Ryu beats them in efficiency. Efficiency meaning conserved movement, rootedness, economy of motion and realistic street techs. Many Kyokushin (including Enshin, Ashihara and Shidokan), Shotokan and Shorin schools teach a fast, almost kickboxing type of karate. The same for TSD, TKD and Kenpo. Remember this is about efficiency, not efficacy :)! Are they somehow intertwined? Hmmmmm....

Traditional=Eternal

Nidan, Hakutsurukan

Well I just came back from an open Tournament in Alabama and my School which is SHIDOKAN took all the top places in the Semi-knockdown events. 1-4 in the lightweight division and 1-2 in the heavy weight division. (we only had 2 heavies)

Rock Paper Scissor

Punch Knee Kick

^ME^ ^MY DOJO^

In that instance Higaonna Goju Ryu beats them in efficiency. Efficiency meaning conserved movement, rootedness, economy of motion and realistic street techs.

Hmmmm... How do you know this, mi amigo? Did you used to train with us, or have you been sneaking into classes? (Just kidding) :lol: