• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

One of my coaches described this one to me. Now I've seen everything...

:o

Sheesh, I've seen thousands of kicks like that in various matches. What the hell made this one so insanely grotesque.

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

hey i show that vid on kazza........lol anyway all i have to say is be careful when your fighting someone who likes to block with there shines i have seen alot of leg breaks that way.

i walk the path of the warrior not only to yeild to my hunger of battle nor to protact myself are the ones around me. but to honer those that spent there life making a style are defending a nation with said style ^_^

Yes, that's Pettas (of Kyokushin) breaking his leg during the K-1 2002 Survival event. Most painful:

The last fight on the card pitted Kyokushin fighter Nicholas Pettas, a Tokyo-based Dane who is the defending K-1 Japan GP Champion, against Belorussian Sergei Gur, who was very impressive in capturing the K-1 Italy GP 2001 Championship, but lost in a June semifinal tournament against Ernesto Hoost, which is nothing to be ashamed of. Pettas looked great in the first round, bringing left and right low kicks and even a textbook ax kick in with impunity. The Kyokushin discipline and focus were there, and although a quicker Gur stepped up his counterstrikes in the second it still seemed to be Pettas' fight. This until a routine-looking low kick hit Gur's femur at an awkward angle, and, his leg sickly twisted, Pettas fell to the canvas. Pettas stayed there, grimacing, pointing to his leg and screaming in Japanese "it's broken." The fight was stopped and an unfortunate Pettas (who had sustained a broken nose just six months earlier in a fight against Alexy Ignashov) was taken from the ring in a stretcher. On behalf of fans everywhere, the K-1 Organization offers Pettas their most sincere wishes for a speedy and complete recovery.

(http://www.k-1gp.net/d001_29.htm)

Poor guy. I think that Pettas' leg caught the knee rather than the shin snapped. I heard that it was a stress fracture from repeated abuse but I can't confirm that.

Actually, that isn't Pettas. The black guy is dutch kickboxer Lloyd Van Dams and the who broke his leg is also a dutch kickboxer but I can't remember his name. Anyway he did fight after this so I guess it healed properly. Pettas break was nowhere near as nasty as this one.