• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't train any more cos of injury.

However I would if I could and I'm 35.

one of my instructors didn't start learning karate until he was 40.

You are never too old unless you have some injury/health problem.

never surrender :)

700 hours of official training. Injury finished me dammit!

1st Kyu Wado Ryu

I'm 38 yrs. old didn't start until I was 34. I'm one of the seniors in our class but can still hold my own pretty good! :lol: Sometimes the day after a good hard workout I'm reminded that I'm not a spring chicken anymore! :) Still love it and plan on going as long as I can!

"If your hand goes forth withhold your temper"

"If your temper goes forth withold your hand"

-Gichin Funakoshi

Wow..and I thought I was the old duffer in the room! lol I'm 50 (51 next month) and have 2 students that are the same age. The oldest student I've personally had was 63 and he did just fine for the couple of months that he was in class.

I don't expect everybody to be able to do the same as everybody else in class. instruction is very individualized and progression is at their own rate.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

Tiger Balm actually..but hey, it could be worse! It could be Preperation H! :roll:

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

Well..I COULD have said I smelled Preperation H as soon as you walked in the room...but I restrained myself with a secret Okinawan technique that I know :o)