over 46 years old. any one else?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quixote My friend do you belive the inspiration you must be for those traning with you. I remember I was training in judo with a man who was 56 years old ,he was a black belt in karate and a orange belt in judo and he was a inspiration for me cause I remember have told him that when I will be that age I hope to be like him.Remember my friend you are a inspiration and you are not out of place.

I don't train for belt color I train to survive on the street

41 going on 42. Didn't start until I was 38 or 39. I work harder to stay ahead of the "kids". Plus I don't have the distractions of youth. I train 5 to six days a week. Because of this I have rapidly advanced to one the most advanced in the kwoon and have become an Assistant Instructor soon to be a full level instructor. Being a little older has its advantages.

Wing Chun Kuen Alliance

https://www.wing-chun.us

Hey gang - I'm 49 (50 in November) :o

I train with weights daily as well as swimming (and karate of course) The aches and pains increase with age, don't they? (currently have a right pulled groin muscle and a left strained hamstring :bawling: )

Weight training is the way to go IMO, keeps you strong, lean, flexible. I lift pretty heavy, but am not all that large (6'2", 180 lbs) Combined with a good stretching program and karate (or ?) we can all stay young forever :D

Seriously, though, I feel karate keeping me more flexible, more agile, quicker, etc.. and I plan to continue until they haul me off the old dojo floor!

Goju1

It's true what you say, recovery time gets longer as you get older. I got away from heavy weight training because of the damage it was doing to my joints. At this point I do calisthenics, aerobic exercise, stretching and of course spend four days in the Dojo.

"The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without His aid?" Benjamin Franklin

Goju1

It's true what you say, recovery time gets longer as you get older. I got away from heavy weight training because of the damage it was doing to my joints. At this point I do calisthenics, aerobic exercise, stretching and of course spend four days in the Dojo.

Yes, I've given up heavy weights for the most part, there are plenty of overload intensity workouts that use lighter weights, like pyramiding. Good idea for us all, I suppose, hard to compete with the youngsters... Dang it! :D

heh there are two people in my judo class that are over 45...my dad who's almost 50 and just got back into judo from a 20+ year break lol. then their's my instructor...when i think of what he's doing at his age of about 60 i'm amazed. not only does he throw everyone around but he makes it look so easy. even a college football player and a guy who's nick name is gumbi(he's super flexable), blue and brown belt respectively, can't begin to throw him when he tries. on top of being super tough he's down to earth and really cool which is hard to say about most people who are 60...

There are two types of people in the world. Those that find excuses and those that find a way.

-Unknown