• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Music while training?

Original rocky music, or eye of the tiger  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Original rocky music, or eye of the tiger

• Original Rocky song
    • Eye of the tiger

Firstly i just want to know what which one do you like better, the original rocky song or the eye of the tiger, for me the original wins hands down :) !

Anyway back to the subject, in your dojo do you ever have music playing in the background while your training, we tried it last week when we were doing circuit training and it works quite well. We had songs like "kung fu fighting!" :D "rocky" "we will rock you" "firestarter" etc. what kind of music do u like when your training and do u think it improves your determination :kaioken: !

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont like music during training keeps me of focus. except in kali where the beat seems to be in the beat of some special training excercises.

Be everything. Be nothing.

first up, original rocky song hands down. a very fun song to play trap set on for you drummers out there :wink: :P

that aside, i can't think of any music i especially like to train to. all i can say is that my dojang plays some of the worst music known to human kind :roll: techno remixes to doo wa diddy and gimme some lovin (shameful!), what's left of the mortal kombat theme after 7 or 8 remixes, you name it. gah!

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

The Rocky Song rules!

yes it does. last week i began to try out listening to music while trainng, and it does pretty good ;)

but i would listen to it while doing kata or something. but for punching/kicking training ur arms it is ok.

I don't like music in class at all since my musical tastes are seemingly different to everyone else in the class - I feel like I'm doing boxercise or something. I end up blocking it out once I concentrate anyway, which makes me think that it's pointless in the first place.

The instructor ends up wasting time running over to the stereo to turn it down / up rather than being able to be heard over the music and the reverb in the hall can mush the sound up anyway.

I think the only good thing about having music in glass is that you can't hear the grunting and squeaks of people doing exercises so much!

I dislike musical forms even more than that. Especially those done to "high energy dance" like Scooter and that other rubbish. It's embarassing enough to be seen in a hall wearing your pyjamas without being worried about what people will think of "your" taste in music! I'm with battousai16 - there is some awful music being played in dojos, dojangs and gyms across the world... it needs to be stopped.

If I was training on my own I would slap on some jungle, industrial or metal, but I'm not into choosing for other people...

i'm with AnonymousCoward in terms of music, i think that's a lot more effective than the sound track to tae bo :dodgy: but i personally like musical formes (and i seem to be the only one on this forum who does) as long as they're done well and aren't done to stupid music, as AnonymousCoward alluded to.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai