• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Is four hours per month good enough? (Half-hour sessions.)  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Is four hours per month good enough? (Half-hour sessions.)

• Yes
    • No

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • 2 weeks later...

If you really want to train in aikido then I'd go for it. Even though your weekly sessions may be short, then it will be worth it if you are dedicated to learning this MA. If you do plenty of practise at home too then you will improve what you learn in the dojo and this will help you in future lessons.

Good luck with your quest to start aikido! I'd like to train in aikido too, however my nearest club is an hour and a half drive away from where I live. :cry:

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I think 4 hours a month is to less to keep your muscles in condition, if that´s the only sport you do... otherwise train at home every day, if possible.

If you ask if 4 hours a month is good enough for learning Martial Arts, I would say that it is better than nothing.

I guess it also depends on what u want from it, an hour might suit u if ur not too serious about it.

I do 2 one hour sessions a week in Lau Gar Kung fu, and 1 hour a week in Karate.

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee

it depends on how much you want to train, i myself will train in class every chance i get and offer as many classes to my students as they want, yet when i go home i still continue to train and live the life of a martial artist. The training does not stop in the dojo, the majority of the training is done on your own or with a friend and not a master, so those long hours after class when you want to perfect techniques.......well that may just be some of us gurus but i am the constant trainer. Some just like to train in the dojo....entirely up to that individual

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger