• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Is four hours per month good enough? (Half-hour sessions.)  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Is four hours per month good enough? (Half-hour sessions.)

• Yes
    • No

I have good news.. for me at least, LOL! I may be able to take Aikido after all. However, I have one concern. The only class I can make is 2x a week for a half-hour only! :o

Is 4 hours a month good enough? I was thinking at least 8. I may go with Hapkido if you also feel 4 hours isn't enough time to learn and stuff. Hapkido is like Aikido but I was hoping to get a head start in my training. (Because when I'm old enough to drive and live by myself I will definitely train in Aikido 24/7... kinda hehe.) :)

There's more to the story, kind-of hard to explain so basically just answer if you can, "is 4 hours per month enough?"

:karate:

EDIT: Breaking news! After re-reading the Aikido Dojo's web site I have found out on the front page it says "10-10:30" but on their schedule it says "10-11:30." I guess I will call! hehe

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I like to have 4hrs a week myself when teaching. But you take what you can get.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

I try to get 5 hours a week in the dojo, and I would say that little training will impede your progress, if you don't mind taking the slow route, go for it. While your at home you can practice what you have learned so far for about thirty minutes a day, so while you won't have a broad selection of techniques, you will have mastered what you have learned.

If you can't laugh at yourself, there's no point. No point in what, you might ask? there's just no point.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.

I think it all depends on the intensity of the training. If you go and spend the first 15 minutes stretching, I'd be freaked out.

Tang Soo Do/Tae Kwon Do

....Oh yeah, and unofficially...

KENJUTSU

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die." ~ Sima Yi

four hours of what? instruction? or practice? BIG difference.

"It is not how much you know but how well you have mastered what you've learnt. When making an assessment of one's martial arts training one should measure the depth rather than the length".

- MASTER "General" D. Lacey

This is 1 hour a week, 4 hours a month.

paolung- A combo of both I would assume. Good question, I will ask.

Also, another thing that worries* me is this is a regular AND weapon class combined. So.. hopefully it's an error and it's 10-11:30. I'm going to call tomorrow.

Thanks!

Edit: *Worries me because regular and weapons classes are 1 hour each, so cutting it down to 30 minutes wouldn't make sense IMO.

Can I ask where this Aikido school is? If it's where I think it is, then don't go there LOL.

Sure I'll PM you the info. hehe thanks again karatekid1975. :)

Edit: The site has been updated, it's 10-11:30. Waiting to hear back from you karatekid1975. ;)

:karate:

• 4 weeks later...