• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

If someone were to break into your house.........

hah, yeah, except a bullet moves at slightly under the speed of sound, it can't be blocked and the motion required to use it is the absolute minimum.

Actually most bullets I think travel faster than sound, but that's not the point. :P Like Jerrylove said, at that kind of range, a knife or sword is just as effective. You can't really block a knife either, except by taking it in the arm instead of a more vital area, but you can do the same thing to a (relatively low powered) gun.

Having said that, I am a big proponent of guns, though I don't think it's fair to say that at that kind of range that other weapons would be no good against it. If it were a submachinegun, shotgun, or other weapon intended for CQB combat then it would probrably be equivalent, but I think a knife is just as good, possibly better, than a handgun if you're at very close range.

Paladin - A holy beat down in the name of God!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
Depending on the situation i either wouldnt use a weapon or just grab the most practicle thing i could. (i play a few different sports which means i have alot of different sticks, bats and clubs lying around my house). hehehe

well as i live in the uk i am less likely to be attacked by someone with a gun. a burgaler is more likely to be armed with a knife. so i would use my sai. very flashy and intimidating when used correctly and very effective as weapons

I have handy a stun baton, about 5 inches long and packs 500,000 volts. Don't need special training to use, and they can't grab it out of my hands because if they touch any part (besides the handle, which my hand is on) the shock still effects them. One second and they are immobilized, and 3 seconds they are unconcious. Real easy non-lethal weapon which leaves no wounds or anything of the sort.

Assuming the thief was armed with a firearm, I'd have to resort to hauling * or somehow running all the way to another room and pulling out my shotgun.

I'm surprised they allow you to even have a shotgun in that state. They're a little overboard with the rules and regulations there.

It's happy hour somewhere in the world.

One second and they are immobilized, and 3 seconds they are unconcious. Real easy non-lethal weapon which leaves no wounds or anything of the sort

Really? I have yet to see one that has the effect. I've seen a man pull, cycle, and fire a handgun with a tazer stuck to his arm and held on.

On whom have you experiemnted with this? What happens if, in grabbing it, they push it into contact with you?

One second and they are immobilized, and 3 seconds they are unconcious. Real easy non-lethal weapon which leaves no wounds or anything of the sort

Really? I have yet to see one that has the effect. I've seen a man pull, cycle, and fire a handgun with a tazer stuck to his arm and held on.

On whom have you experiemnted with this? What happens if, in grabbing it, they push it into contact with you?

I have expiremented it on a friend who only wanted $10 to try, and the results were the ones that were stated on the website that I bought it from (3 seconds unconcious). They cannot grab any part of the baton without getting shocked, so they can't push it into you. The sound of the electricity crackling itself is enough to send anyone running in fear.